Thursday, November 15, 2012

Activities

There a holiday fair held by my company.  I'm going to try making various things to sell.  I figured it would be a great way to keep creating stuff, do some things unrelated to parenting almost every day, and hey, if I sell anything I get extra cash, which isn't too shabby.  Assuming I make more than I spend on the materials. Oh, business! How terrible I am about you!  Things I've made so far: knit neck warmers, and a practice batch of caramels. I'm thinking of also making some gingerbread cookies. And if I really pull it together, some sewn gift items, too.  Only thirteen more days to go, so not sure how successful I'll be, but I'll do my best.

Yesterday I re-instituted a stair climbing regime at my job.  I work on the fifth floor.  The lactation room is in the basement.  That means if I walk down and up every time I pump, I travel the stairway six times each work day.  If I climb my way up in the morning that's seven times.  Since I've fallen off the wagon when it comes to regularly going to the gym, this could help me feel a lot better without changing very much about my day.

This weekend my guy and I benefit from two date nights while we have friends and family babysit, and one activity with friends each day.  I'm positively giddy at the prospect.  I could really use some social time - my patience has been thin recently.  When minor annoyances tick me off in ways that make me clench my jar it's clear the time has come for a break.  So this weekend is full of breaks: with people to hold down the fort, people to hold the baby, people to talk to about non-baby things. And then next weekend we see some family and friends for the holiday - a different type of break, but a break nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment